Senior Sales Executive
New York, NY
M Science is a data-driven research and analytics firm, uncovering new insights for leading financial institutions and corporations. We come to work every day to create actionable insights from alternative data. M Science is revolutionizing research, discovering new data sets and pioneering methodologies to provide actionable intelligence. Our research teams have decades of experience working with massive amounts of unstructured data in near real-time to discern critical insights that help clients make smarter, more informed decisions. We combine the best of finance, data and technology to create a truly unique value proposition for both financial services firms and major corporations.
M Science is looking for a Senior Sales Representative to join our growing team in NYC. The role will be responsible for sourcing new, and maintaining existing data partnerships that underlie the firm’s research offerings. This role is focused on identifying and cultivating relationships with strategic vendors, many of whom have not traditionally licensed data. Key responsibilities will include: Map out competitive offerings to determine points of differentiation and insights that new data sets could provide.
Skills and Qualifications
- Demonstrated prospecting and lead generation skills
- Ability to quickly and effectively communicate a value proposition to a skeptical audience
- Strong vendor management experience
- Proven ability to think and act creatively utilizing data
- Experience with building product and developing business plans a plus
- Candidate should have 3+ years of experience from any of the following areas: management or strategy consulting at a top consulting firm, business development for a market research firm, business development for a software start-up company
- Evaluate client results and competitive developments and provide suggestions for new products and services
- Identify new sales opportunities and generate a continuous pipeline for conversion
- Develop and harvest new leads through effective networking, cold calling, email campaigns and in-person meetings
- Proficient in Challenger sales methodology or Salesforce ideally
- Achieve assigned sales targets from a reasonable baseline
- Develop relationships with new data partners, leveraging existing networks and knowledge
- Own the ongoing management of relationships with existing partners
- Work closely with the Data Science and quantitative research teams to structure data testing to determine the predictive nature of data for use in research
- Research and attend relevant industry conferences and expos to network and prospect potential data partners
Back to Careers
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include position for which you are applying.