M Science is looking for an Equity Research Associate to assist in leading a data-driven research approach to covering companies within the Consumer and TMT sectors. The position will report into one of our Senior Analysts responsible for generating and publishing investment research. The responsibilities for this role include using proprietary data sets to build financial and statistical models, perform data analysis, write reports, update marketing materials, and service client requests. The individual should be proficient with Excel, mathematical modeling, and have a basic understanding of financial statements and accounting. Experience with Python, SQL, or R required. The individual should also be an effective written and verbal communicator. Additionally, the candidate must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and a creative thinker who has a strong interest in the intersection of “alternative data,” investment research, and financial markets.
- Functional understanding of data analysis using Python, SQL or R is a must
- Ability to identify and work with strategic data partners
- Responsible for forecasting KPIs and identifying key business/industry trends based on use of alternative data.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with and analyzing large data sets and in developing actionable intelligence from the data
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Intensely curious
- Degree from a top university with a consistent record of academic excellence, preferably in computer science, statistics, economics, mathematics, engineering, finance or other program that is technical and quantitative in nature
- Development and deployment of statistical models for estimation and prediction of corporate performance across various sectors
- Identify and execute creative ways to answer key industry questions using our proprietary data and insights
- Gather and analyze data from a variety of internal and external resources, including, but not limited to: proprietary datasets; company documents and materials; SEC/regulatory filings such as annual reports and 10Ks; industry publications; and online data services.
- Write, edit, and publish equity research reports incorporating insights derived from financial and statistical models.
- Vet new and unique data sets for relevancy to continually improve and broaden our scope and accuracy
Perform ad hoc analyses in response to client requests
- Support the sales process by developing analyses for sales pitches and press releases