New York, NY
We are looking for a Data Scientist that will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data and help us make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products. Being part of a small-mid sized team, this person will be a major player in shaping the future of Data Science, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence within the firm, with tremendous opportunities to grow and influence the growth of the company.
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as
Random Forests, Gradient Boosting, Ridge/Lasso, SVM, timeseries techniques etc.
- Excellent programming skills (Python/Scala/Java)
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as NumPy, sparkML,
scikitLearn, etc. Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable
- Great communication skills
- Experience in Natural Language Processing techniques is a plus
- Experience with Spark framework is preferred
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc. is preferred
- Familiarity in using query languages such as SQL, Hive
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Curiosity and a voracious appetite to learn
- Degree from a top university with a consistent record of academic excellence
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for
building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
- Managing project timelines and executing to timelines
Back to Careers
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include position for which you are applying.